ImproRisk is a model to conduct chronic dietary exposure assessment.
It is built in R and published as a Shiny web application
It combines Food Consumption data with Occurrence data (concentration of chemical substances) and calculates the exposure rates for the population.
The food categorization in both consumption and occurrence data must conform to the EFSA FoodEx2 classification system
For more info and video tutorials please read more here
Upon a simple registration step, you can access the model here
- Estimate exposure at FoodEx2, with additional possibility to exploit processing facets (F28)
- Upload food consumption datasets that include subjects with different demographic characteristics, and further explore the uploaded data
- Combine the consumption data with the uploaded aggregated occurrence data taking into account the individual’s body weight, so that the exposure per kilogram of body weight (Kg/ b.w.) is calculated
- Customize table and graph reports
- Estimate weighted exposure by applying weighting coefficients
- Generate automatically the final exposure assessment report at the press of a button.
ImproRisk is owned by the State General Laboratory of Cyprus (SGL) and was developed by the private company Improvast. SGL reserves the property rights.
ImproRisk is developed by the State General Laboratory of the Republic of Cyprus
ImproRisk model is part of the risk assessment tools database of the European research project “Digital TEChnologies as an enabler for a conTinuous transformation of food safety management systems” - DiTECT *
Access & Material
Follow-up Training Workshop on the ImproRisk Model, 20 – 21 September 2022, Larnaca, Cyprus.
See an archive of news with respect to ImproRisk course in time
* The DiTECT project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 861915. https://ditect.eu/