ImproRisk is model to conduct chronic dietary exposure assessment.
It is built in R and published as a Shiny web application
It combines Food Consumption data with Occurrence data (concentration of chemical substances) and calculates the exposure rates for the population.
The food categorization in both consumption and occurrence data must conform to the EFSA FoodEx2 classification system
For more info and video tutorials please read more here
Upon a simple registration step, you can access the model here
- Estimate exposure at FoodEx2, with additional possibility to exploit processing facets (F28)
- Upload food consumption datasets that include subjects with different demographic characteristics, and further explore the uploaded data
- Combine the consumption data with the uploaded aggregated occurrence data taking into account the individual’s body weight, so that the exposure per kilogram of body weight (Kg/ b.w.) is calculated
- Customize table and graph reports
- Estimate weighted exposure by applying weighting coefficients
- Generate automatically the final exposure assessment report at the press of a button.
ImproRisk is owned by the State General Laboratory of Cyprus (SGL) and was developed by the private company Improvast. SGL reserves the property rights.
ImproRisk is developed by the State General Laboratory of the Republic of Cyprus
ImproRisk is now upgraded into a web application using the Shiny web framework in the statistical computing language R.
It functions with FoodEx2 classification system.
Please request a (free) authorisation from SGL to access the app here
See an archive of news with respect to ImproRisk course in time